I made it BIG. I got trolled on social.
I was doing a pleasant enough (read: minimal cussing) end-of-challenge LIVE on my Facebook page about slaying 11.4 pounds more in these 35 days of the challenge Namaslayer and mid live video I found myself fielding nasty comments from some trolls.
The trolls were saying things like “don’t lift your arms, your fat and wrinkles are grossing me out” and “you shouldn’t be allowed to have children” …you get the idea–some zingers to get me riled up. They have since been deleted by them. I had to respond quickly! I was LIVE.
How dare they?! I’ll just show them who’s the boss….and, have they SEEN my guns?— Slayer’s Primal Brain
My physical self and primal brain went spinning upon reading these mean spirited comments about my motherhood, body and children. My “smart” brain was searching quickly for how to handle this at the same time. My brain first wanted me to strike out, to act in anger and zing them good. I am plenty capable of that, this I know from many regretted heated arguments. However, becoming the superhero Slay Detective I am now, I have a super power called the full body scan.
The Full Body Scan
Like an x-Ray machine, all superheroes are equipped with this scanner. It operates a full body assessment in under .01 of a second from the mind!
- SCAN results: My heart was beating rapidly and was tight in my chest. I could feel my temperature rising and the anger rising.
- EMOTION TRANSLATION: because i have used this scanner many times this year, I was able to quickly dial in I was feeling primarily anger
- HEART SING THOUGHT FIX: I quickly worked to channel my heart sing to my thoughts so I could change this feeling to love and gratitude. BOOM!
The trolls must need my love too!
This all happened in about 1 second in my head. I am the master from all this practice of The Model, and my Mother in my ear my entire life saying, “love, don’t hate.”
The thought that came right away was, “come from love and compassion”. This changed my direction from engaging in battle to helping them #getslayed too. They must need to hear me and be here now. They must need my love too! Game on! I got this!
Like the Slay Master I am…
I then weaved in Brene Brown’s Nextflix performance special I had just watched the day before where she talked about how the trolls tore up her famous TED talk on Vulnerability. She then tells us how she wallowed up numbing out with Downtown Abbey all day until the quote bellow by President Roosevelt appeared in her news feed.
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”― Theodore Roosevelt
Brené Brown’s Call to Courage
Brené shares that this is the moment she made the decision to fully embrace her greatness. To live with courage–no matter what. To be brave and fail no matter what. Yes! Yes! Yes!
This is what I have learned this year. To no longer shy away from my greatness. To stand-up in the face of adversity and NO MATTER WHAT–GET BACK UP. Now that I’m making decisions from the place I call my “heart sing”, or the whispers, I MUST move forward. I have made the decision to forge ahead and live in greatness.
Superheroes stand up in the face of adversity.
I am currently building my Super Hero Future Self course on how to transform. How to go from living in apathy to becoming your own super hero and pursuing your goal no matter what. These events today were not insignificant.
Fail. Get up. Be criticized. Keep going. Only those you trust should you hold value in their feedback. These events (trolls, Brene Brown, the timing) are not insignificant….
The Universe was telling me three things with these trolls.
- I’ve made it BIG. I have trolls! Woo Hoo! They have lit even more fire under this Wild Woman Warrior Storyteller.
- Our minds are amazing and so is living from heart sing, the Universe. I could have allowed ego, or hateful thoughts to take over “those f-ing bitches” and I could be completely absorbed and riled up about it, and have everyone else riled up too, or I could celebrate and send them love. CHOICES. We all have choices and can decide how we want to show up. In every moment of every day.
- I will be on a plane in disbelief soon, like my hero Brené Brown was, to see Oprah, because I dream BIG and I believe in ME even bigger. Finally. And I KNOW I can help and show others and this is my calling to do so.